Global Project Services (GPS) support major construction, maintenance and upgrade programmes within the Infrastructure and Transport industries throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.
Our competencies as a Structural, Mechanical, Piping and Specialist Welding Contractor enables GPS to provide clients with schedule focused solutions on time critical packages where enhanced value and reduced risk are crucial.
GPS offer our technical welding expertise to manage the challenges faced by our clients, and where our primary focus is to deliver innovative Welding Solutions focused on safety, quality and production for projects spanning Bridges, Tunnels, Jetties, Station outfitting, Terminals and Stadia.
Global Project Services were honoured to be engaged by the FCBC JV contractors as a principal welding services subcontractor on the flagship Queensferry Crossing viaducts tie-in construction.
GPS subcontract responsibilities included:
- Development of Buttering Weld Procedures to correct any anomalies in pre-fabricated steelworks.
- Remedial Welding of main tower steelworks.
- Installation of stainless steel polished bearing plates onto bridge carcasses.
- Welding of bridge main splice joints and stiffening plates. All butt welds were subjected to 100% UT.
- Modifications to steelworks during recurring concrete casting operations.
- Modifications to drainage pipework.
- Operation and Management of Pre and Post Heat Weld Treatment on Bearing Plates.
- Anchor post gouging.
References are available on request.
GPS Area Supervisors, Multi-Certified Welders and CSWIP/NDT Inspectors hold CCNSG/ CSCS, Safety Critical Medicals, Confined Space and Safety Harness training as standard and are available for deployment worldwide at short notice.
GPS are Constructionline, CHAS, BuildersProfile, Achilles UVDB and ISO9001/14001/18001/3834-2 certified.
Visit our Contacts page and get in touch with the GPS team to find out how we can assist with your Infrastructure project deliveries - Contacts